Thank you to everyone that attended our end of season celebrations.
It was a fantastic evening and a great way to cap off an excellent 20/21 season.
Thank you to our returning committee members and welcome to our new members.
We still have positions on the committee that are required to be filled, so whether you have been at MacHunter for 1 season or 20 seasons, we would love to see some new faces and hear new ideas, so if you have an interest in helping with our growing club please feel free to attend our next club meeting night on the 8th of June, 7.45pm at Argenton Hotel.
We know that most people are well and truly into their winter sports, but if you have any suggestions or would just like to know about next season, then now is the time we are planning and implementing to ensure a successful 21/22 athletics summer.
Stay safe and we hope to see you all soon.
21/22 Season Committee Nominations
Nominations for the Macquarie Hunter Athletics Club 21/22 season committee are now being taken, with every position declared open.
Please follow this link which will take you to a page where you can access the nomination form and also a link to access position descriptions, if you would like any other information please talk to a committee member or email email@example.com:
We welcome any new faces and new ideas so whether you have some fantastic suggestions, would like to know how the club ticks along behind the scenes or just want to wear a yellow vest on Friday nights, then please complete the above nomination form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries will close 16th April, 2021.
We are looking forward to finishing the season off well and start the planning and organisation for a bigger and better 21/22 season!
Norm Johnson Carnival
State Qualifiers Wrap:
1st positions – 14
2nd positions – 16
3rd positions – 10
Automatic State Qualified – 17 athletes in a total of 30 events
With over 130 athletes registered for the Interclub carnival being held at Hunter Sports Centre this Saturday, we are looking forward to a great afternoon of running, jumping and throwing and plenty of smiles.
Please read these important points before arriving at the centre to ensure a fun and successful carnival:
- Sign into the EVA sign in at the gate, ensuring you include the amount of dependants with you
- Sanitise hands upon arrival and during the afternoon
- Spectators please maintain social distancing of 2m from anyone not living in your household
- We will be looking for age controllers and volunteers on the day to assist in the running of the carnival, these people will be required to wear a red vest that will be supplied. If you are not assisting you will need to remain outside of the fence encircling the track.
- Committee members will be wearing yellow vests if you have any questions or concerns.
- We will brief all age controllers before the start of the carnival as to the running of the program.
- Spectators please bring a seat as the stadium seating will be closed off due to Covid guidelines.
Please see the updated program below.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday for a great afternoon.
Entry to the Hunter Sports Centre Glendale – Friday Competition Nights:
With our 20/21 season up and running, as you would all understand there are guidelines that need to be adhered to for COVID compliance as outlined below. Please familiarise yourselves with the process to enable an efficient carnival night:
- Access to the centre will be via the car access double gates, at the eastern end. (Access for major carnivals)
- One spectator entry per athlete unless volunteering (max 2 guardians/parents per family)
- Trial nights are not permitted this season, therefore only registered athletes are able to compete so please get your registrations in ASAP.
- Everyone (including athletes, parents/ guardians, and siblings), entering the centre is expected to sanitise and “sign in” via the sign in sheets which will be at the entry and controlled by COVID officers. (These records are for the purpose of tracing COVID if required and not for marketing).
- Steps after signing in and sanitisation:
- Athletes – head directly to grass area in the centre of the track, age areas will be designated.
- Volunteers – head to track meeting area on grass centre field and collect a .
- Spectators – Turn right and move around the grass banked spectator area. Spectators must ALWAYS be behind the black fence surrounding the track, move clear of the access area. The seating area is not available and will be closed.
6. All spectators MUST comply with social distancing requirements, maintaining a minimum of 1.5m physical distancing.
7. Limited numbers allowed in toilets so please abide by the signage rules.
8. If have ANY symptoms of COVID-19 you must remain at home and follow the relevant health advice.
9. If you have been to any COVID-19 identified hotspots, please stay at home and follow the relevant health advice.
10. Sanitising stations will be located around the facilities, please utilise these.
11. If you have any queries, please discuss with a committee member or COVID Officer.
12. If any member is found to be not complying with these or other safety directions on the night, they will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
Please remember to view the results tab above which will be updated soon after Friday night carnivals.
The following volunteers have been elected onto the 20/21 MacHunter committee:
President: Darren Croft
Vice President – AWD: Rachael Keyes
Vice President – Junior: Brendon Goff
Vice President – Senior: Hans Tiller
Secretary: Rachael Ralph
Treasurer: Mitchell Reece
Registrar: Angela Mascini
OHS Officer: Adele Cashion
Rank and Recording Officer: Jody Croxford
Championship Officer: Vanessa Price
IT Officer: Shannon Ralph
COVID Officer: Anton Croxford
General Committee: Hayley Croft, Michael Pickering, Bob Collins
It is great to see many new faces this season to help make it great.
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, this season will present many obstacles for Macquarie Hunter and to assist in ensuring the season goes ahead and is an enjoyable experience for all, we require more volunteers to work with the COVID officer in generating and implementing controls in order to ensure we are adhering to Little Athletics NSW and Hunter Sports Centre’s guidelines and request.
So if you have some good ideas or would just like to offer your assistance please send an email to email@example.com or alternatively lookout for our next meeting and come along.
Look out soon for details regarding registrations for the 20/21 season.
Reminder: Machunter Club Track and Field Athletics Season for 2019/20 is over, last completion was last wed 11th March.
Club Presentation is Scheduled for 1st May at 600pm at Club Macquarie . This will obviously be dependent on developments Iin regards to COVID-19.
Will keep all updated in regards to this via our facebook group.
We have State and Regional Merchandise in our possession. Pickup details TBA.
Well has come around so fast again, but this week is our last week of Little Athletics for Track and Field.
WED 11th Mar: Club Carnival (NOT FRIDAY DUE to State Little As this weekend) 545 for 6pm start
All State Competitors encouraged to be there. It will be great to get a group photo.
We will be selling Stripy Socks as well for Ronald McDonald House, have some fun. $5 a pair.
Our End of Year Presentation and AGM will be Friday 1st May from 6pm at Club Macquarie.
SAT/SUN 14th/15th Mar: Little As State Championships Homebush. All Carnival information can be found here: Click Here This includes Layouts for the Main and Warmup tracks, timetable, event listings and many more details.
We have the following Duties to fill:
- 8-930am: u13-u17 Boys Multiclass Long J – Event 100/101 at Main track long Jump 2 – 1 person
- 1030-1230pm: u10 Boys High J – Event 126 at Warmup track High Jump 4 – 1 person
- 1200-100pm: u13 – 17 Girls Multiclass Long J – Event 133/134 at Warmup Track LJ5 – 1 person
- 2-330pm: u9 -u12 Multiclass long Jump – Event 150/151 at Warmup track LJ5 – 2 persons
- 3-5pm: Warmup Track Call Room – 1 person
- 3-5pm: Main Track Call Room – 2 person
- 4-530pm: Main Track medals.
- 4-5pm: Main Track Umpire.
- 2-4pm: Warmup Track Umpire.
layout for Warmup Track: Click Here
layout for Main Track: Click Here
Team Manager: Michael Pickering 0490027 003. Backup: TBA
We will try to setup an area in the main stands – somewhere between section 8 – 12. Will advise when known.
WED 4th March – Normal Training 545pm -7pm
FRI 6th March – Program 1 – See Programs
SAT 7th March: Norm Johnson Carnival at Glendale, Details and entry Form: Click Here
Fill in and scan and send back or send an email that contains all of the details as per the form. Entries Close 4th March.
WED 11th March: – Club Carnival – Due to State Little Athletics champs, No Friday Night Carnival
14th – 15th March: State Little As STATE QUALIFIERS Click HERE